THOUGHTS: plans.

by - January 22, 2014

So I know I'm super late for the "New Years Resolutions" thing, so let's just call them plans. Or goals. Whatever.


Basically, I think I need to have some sort of idea of what I want to get done this year, even if there is a pretty good chance I won't get them done. But it's nice to think I'm working towards something! Anyway. Here's a short list.

  • Find my place.
I know that's super vague and everything, but I don't really have a more detailed plan at present. All I know is, I need to figure out...myself. What I'm supposed to be doing here. By here, I mean Nova Scotia, but also this general point in my life. 

  • Grow in my faith.
Last year and the year before that, I wasn't really making much of an effort in my faith life. That needs to change. I want to make God the number one priority in my life, and to work at getting to know him better.
  • Graduate.
  • Spend the summer in Alberta.
My friends and I have made so many plans already, and it's going to be impossible to squeeze them into a week or two or even a month. I'd like to be out there for most of the summer. For fun, but also because I want to figure out how I handle being on my own. I'll be staying with friends, but I'll get a job, and be working towards...something.

  • Write more. Lots more.
I want to write more on my blog, of course, but also story stuff. I have a few ideas, and I mean really, what else do I have to do? All those angsty famous authors wrote their stories in grey places where it was always foggy and they were completely isolated, right? Right.

  • Make some sort of plan for next year.
I'm graduating this spring, and that's as far as my plans go. After the summer, everything's completely blank. I'm thinking of applying to a hair college, but my big issue is, where? Calgary or Halifax? That's going to be a tough decision. 
  • Try and take up art again.
I used to be so into my sketching and painting, and about two years ago, I just stopped. I don't know why, but I need to start practicing that again.

  • Find some sort of activity here to get involved in.
Book club? Dance class? Volunteering? A job????? Something. It's been over four months, and I haven't made a single friend. I haven't done anything. And while I often indulge in the urge to sit alone in my room for hours and not interact with anyone ever, being lonely gets tiring.

  • Try to feel less homesick.
This is going to be the hardest. I miss home. I miss my house, I miss my neighborhood, I miss my town, I miss my friends and my church. Even writing about it makes my chest hurt and my eyes sting. That's where I belong, way way out on the other side of Canada. But I'm here now, and dwelling on the hurt doesn't really help anyone, does it?

xo
-gwen

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you miss home. But I am glad to know that you are in a place that really is making you challenge yourself and grow as a person.
    I find that sometimes living in one place can make you exceptionally selfish when you move to the next. Because all of the normal things you would do are no longer present in that new area, and trust me, I have moved around enough to know.
    But don't give up hope, you have a great life ahead of you ;)

    -Regards

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.