I want a Victorian Dress

by - January 15, 2011

I watched The Young Victoria forever ago, and fell in love. With the story, the characters...but ESPECIALLY the costumes!

I WANT THIS HAIRRRR!!!!!


















{not my photo}

I've been randomly surfing the internet...
*sob*
If I was ANY good at sewing, I'd consider making one myself, but I couldn't sew a piece of clothing to save my life.
But I guess oggling them will have to do.
Happily for me, I found a page on them on Costumersguide.com.

Ohmygawsh...this is totally my favorite one. It's not in the movie though, I wonder why!















I love the flowers at the neckline... *sigh*

















{not my photo}



And then the wedding dress...what wouldn't I give to be married in a dress like that!














{not my photo..okay, unless I say otherwise, non of these are mine!!! And all the Victoria ones are from Costumersguide.com}
















I have to say, this bonnet completely takes me breath away...





















I love her curls too...I once tried to do Young Victoria hair on my friend...
It might have worked, if my supply of hairpins wasn't drastically limited!















I'm not a huge fan of her hair here, but her dress is SO pretty!












Found a picture of JUST the whole dress...






















All I'm doing is making myself feel more and more depressed.
Now ya'll know what to get me for my birthday!!
;)



God bless,
Photobucket

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. You just need to come over to my house Gwen. I just finished my flannel regency gown... :D

    I would die for a Molly Gibson dress,

    and that was a metaphor, I would not actually die for one... Maybe break a nail :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sew either....unless my grandma does most of it, and all I do is run the sewing machine. :P

    Those are beautiful though!! But they seem hard to move around in. That was the style though. :) I'd love to have one, anyway!


    ~Liz B

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.